Sometimes, all it takes is just a good, clean design concept to make your home feel inviting and right. These timeless ideas are guaranteed to work when it comes to interior design.
Whether you’re looking for interior design inspiration for your home or that of your clients, a great place to start is by taking notice of your favourite places. After all, some of the most popular designs have been around for decades for a reason. Here are ten interior design concepts that work all the time.
- Scandinavian Interior Design is known for its neutral colour palette, clean lines, and simple, functional furniture. While many minimalist design trends have yet to go mainstream in North America, Scandinavian design has proven itself to be timeless.
- Shabby Chic Interior Design Style has a soft, intimate feel to them. They combine classic styles with modern touches to create homes that exude warmth and coziness. The shabby chic interior design style is a great choice for rooms with high ceilings since the style tends to use light colours instead of dark hues to draw the eye upward.
- Eclectic Interior Design is one of the more popular design concepts. Often, this style borrows from a bunch of different design styles and then uses elements that work well together to create a cohesive design.
- Industrial Interior Design. This style is perfect for homeowners who enjoy a rugged, industrial design—think metal and wood. The industrial interior design proves that a bold colour palette and a sense of craftsmanship can pull a room together.
- Farmhouse Interior design (as it were) has been sweeping the nation for years now, but this year, it has shifted into high gear, with farmhouse interiors popping up in living rooms, bedrooms, and even vacation homes
- Modern Interior Design is all about minimalism—the design philosophy is all about stripping away all the excess stuff that may clutter a room.
- Contemporary Interior Design. Contemporary interior design is a great look that is surprisingly versatile. It works well for both small and large spaces and is a great option for those on a budget. You don’t have to sacrifice style with a contemporary design, and several inspiring contemporary interior design ideas are easy to recreate.
- Art Modern Interior Design, also known as Scandinavian design, is one such interior design concept that is attainable for average families.
- Mid-Century Interior Design has been experiencing a renaissance in recent years, with retro-inspired furniture and decor hitting the shelves of retailers everywhere. While the mid-century design isn’t new, it is experiencing a renaissance, thanks to retro-inspired furniture and decor hitting the shelves of retailers everywhere.
- Minimalist Interior Design. Minimalism is all about stripping down objects to their most basic form. However, it is essential to make the object of your design stand out enough to maintain interest. This can be achieved with the clever placement of accessories and by keeping colours simple.
Trends come and go when it comes to interior design, and there has been a slew of them over the past few years. It’s exciting to see what goes into designing homes, from bold geometric patterns to cozier retro styles to super spacious layouts. Trends, however, are not all created equally.
Interior design can be one of the most difficult things to master, especially for those of us who are challenged with spatial organization skills. Luckily, there are many basic design principles that can help you decorate your home in a way that looks good and functions well.
Today’s interior designers are taking a nondescript home and turning it into a showplace. Modern interior design is all about creating a warm and inviting atmosphere that is appropriate for that particular space. Creating the look you want without going overboard can be a challenge, but it is well worth the effort.
There is nothing better than going home to a beautiful, comfortable home. Nothing. Well, maybe one thing: coming home to a beautiful, comfortable home that you’ve already designed. Interior design trends come and go, but the simple concepts of light, colour, shape, and texture never change. Use these design principles to freshen up your home or create an ambiance that works for your budget.